Coolers are very useful, especially during the summers. It is perfect for out of town trips and picnics. With a quality cooler, you will find that it can last you a long time. (With proper care and maintenance that is)
Depending on what you want in a cooler and what you need, you need to be very meticulous. This will help you make the most out of your deal. Today, we’ve included a short review of the Pelican vs. YETI. Both are famous brands when it comes to coolers.
However, of course, this will only help you start your hunt. Do take note there’s still a lot of other brands out there that you can try. (that will alsveo cater to your needs)
Things To Look For When Buying A Cooler
Now before you start jumping on a cooler bandwagon, consider a few things first. Make sure that you know what you want from your cooler. Take a look first at the material of a cooler before buying. Is it going to be durable enough to withstand all your trips? Does the material help insulate heat?
Then also think hard if you need a high-end cooler or just a simple but durable one. Knowing which type you need the most will help you cut costs. Remember that at the end of the day, the primary job of a cooler is to keep your food and drinks cool.
You might also want to think about its storage capacity. Do you need a big or a small cooler? This is because the size can also affect the portability of a cooler.
Finally, assess its functionality and features. Does it allow you to drain liquid or melted ice quickly? Is it easy to clean or to open? Does it have a warranty?
Remember, these are only some of the primary factors to consider. There are still a lot to consider such as your budget and the availability of a particular cooler. So take your time deciding and don’t just jump in to buy the first cooler offered to you.
Pelican vs. YETI
Now that you know the things to look for in a cooler, we can now start answering the question: Which is better? The Pelican or the YETI?
For starters, it’s important for you to understand that both the Pelican and YETI are top brands that are leading the cooler industry. Although they have their differences, the bottom line is that you will reap benefits from either product.
However, as with any top brand, there are limitations and disadvantages to it. The purpose of this article is to show you the two sides of these coolers. The good and the bad. With that said, we will relay to you the pros and cons of the two brands and it’s all up to you and your preferences to decide on the winner.
Remember, we only want you to know further what’s behind these products. The final decision will be up to you.
With that said, here is a brief rundown on the features of both the Pelican and the YETI:
The Pelican Products Inc. is based in Torrance California. For many decades it’s been specializing in creating durable and tough casing that also features high performance and great design. The Pelican isn’t only product that’s commonly used by the typical homeowner.
Instead, even the likes of military, aerospace professionals and scientists use Pelican products because of its sheer strength and durability. If you hear the words Pelican cooler, the first thing that might come to your mind is toughness. After all, its coolers prove its supreme durability to many customers.
Advanced Element is a leading brand in paddlesports products. It costs more than the others on the list, but it’s also very reliable.The AdvancedFrame Convertible AE1007 is an above average inflatable kayak that can be for one or two persons.The hull is designed with aluminum ribs, so it has excellent tracking. It also features three layers of an impressive puncture-resistant material.To assemble, you only need to inflate and attach the seats. There are three different seat positions, whether you are paddling alone or by two.The kayak comes with two folding seats, a repair kit, and a user manual. It packs into a duffel bag for easy carry with a weight of 52 pounds.
- 10-day ice retention: This gives you a longer time to store your food and drinks and still keep it cool.
- You’ll visibly notice how the ice inside slows down its melting process thanks to the insulation material.
- The Pelican cooler has a built-in stainless steel opener
- The contents are secure in the Pelican thanks to the molded-in lock hasp
- These latches make your life easier because it won’t put much pressure on your cooler.
- At the same time, it keeps things secure and tight to avoid spillage.
- There are some issues with the drain plug’s attachability
- Some of the Pelican coolers have limited storage inside
YETI is a proud producer of coolers that has been one of the leaders in the industry as well. It’s known to have the title as “bear-resistant” which means that a bear’s fangs or claws wouldn’t damage your YETI’s exterior.
Its famous series is the Tundra, which comes in a wide array of choices for you. Besides its strong material, the Tundra series is known to have superior insulation, high-tech plastic construction, and top-notch design.
YETI is a proud producer of coolers that has been one of the leaders in the industry as well. It’s known to have the title as “bear-resistant” which means that a bear’s fangs or claws wouldn’t damage your YETI’s exterior. Its famous series is the Tundra, which comes in a wide array of choices for you. Besides its strong material, the Tundra series is known to have superior insulation, high-tech plastic construction, and top-notch design.
- Bear-resistant because of its “Fatwall design.”
- The strong material is caused by the flat wall design which features extra-thick walls that also strengthens insulation.
- The Permafrost insulation function is done through a commercial-grade foam that’s made out of polyurethane. This foam is injected in the walls and ice to increase the ice-retention of your cooler
- The construction of the YETI’s coolers is done in a rotomolded technique. This reduces the chances of your cooler having torn or fractured parts.
- The plastic used is molded into one piece instead of individual parts. Thus, this is the reason why you’re cooler is more likely to be in once piece when dropped.
- The bigger coolers are quite heavy to bring which makes it a little inconvenient if you’re planning to carry it all over.
- There’s a lot of storage space lost due to its bulky interior
To Wrap Things Up
The Pelican and the YETI coolers are both good brands in the field of coolers. Both arealso very durable enough. However, at the end of the day, it will just be a matter of your budget and preferences. It may be the design or the special feature you found on one that is not on the other.
This is why it is important to know what you want and what you need from a cooler. It will help you minimize the list of brands you might want to look at. And finally, do not forget that the main purpose of a cooler is to keep your goods cool. The most high-end cooler does not necessarily make it the best.
Coolers are meant to last you a long time. So treat it as a long-term investment rather than a disposable item.
Read more: Best Ice Packs for Coolers – Buyer’s Guide